10 Helpful Projector Care Tips
Want to extend your projector’s life? Then take good care of it.
In this article, we provided in depth ways on how you can keep your projector tuned up and operating smoothly. Below are a few guidelines/tips you need to know on how to keep your projector in functioning at its best and giving you a number of useful tips on ways to extend your projector’s lifespan.
- Your projector comes with a manual, read it. It should include operational information exclusive to your projector.
- Familiarize yourself with the unit before you use it for your first presentationor event.
- For a long lamp life, don’t unplug it instantly after use. Always allow your projector to cool completely before turning off or unplugging.
- Don’t let it heat up. Excessive heat can greatly shorten your lamp life.
- Don’t place your projector in direct sunlight or near a heat source.
- Change filter, if applicable, as specified in your user manual.
- Use air filter, if applicable. Don’t operate your projector without it. Doing so can draw dust into the optics of the projector, which can be projected onto your screen.
- Avoid smoky environment where you operate your projector. This can cause damage to the optics of the unit and can void your warranty.
- Store your projector in a cool, dry area. When not in use, you can place it in the shipping box for safe secure storage. If you are to ship your projector in the future, the safest way to pack your unit is by putting it in the original box and packing material.
- If the projector is mounted to the ceiling, be sure that the area near the intake fan is kept clean and not in direct line of air or heat vents.
- For achieving optimal image quality, always keep your lens clean. Use a lens cloth which can be purchased at a camera store. It is the safest way to clean the lens.
Contact us now for low maintenance projectors!